Client – The Retreats Group
Location – Penrhiw, St Davids
Commission – Full Architectural Service
Penrhiw Priory was originally designed by John Middleton in 1884 as a vicarage, a fine example of Victorian architecture in the ‘Tudorbethan’ style. It is a listed grade 2 building.
The building changed hands a number of times and in the 1960’s it was extensively extended and became a priory for the Mission of St. John the Evangelist.
In 2008 The Retreats Group Trust purchased the building with the intent of converting it into a destination for corporate retreats.
Acanthus Holden Architects were commissioned to design and manage the transformation of the building into a 5* corporate retreat.
The works involve the demolition of the 1960’s extension and the restoration of the interiors, and was completed in Jan 2011.