Client – Pembrokeshire County Council
Location – Pembroke Dock
Commission – Full Architectural Service
Built originally in 1826 as an open market for the dockyard. It was enclosed by a wall of four sides with a central court house, and most of the space was enclosed under a series of iron framed roofs in 1847. Listed II*, the market has only been in partial use for some time.
Acanthus Holden Architects were commissioned to carry out the repair of the fabric and the conversion of the building into office and workshop premises, alongside a much smaller market.
The final stage of the 5 year phased project was completed in Autumn 2011.