Client – The Lamphey Court Hotel
Location – Lampey, Pembrokeshire
Commission – Full Architectural Service
The Lamphey Court Mansion was built in 1823 by Charles Mathias of Llanwarren. The mansion sits within a nationally important landscape adjacent to the Bishops Palace in Lamphey. The building is listed Grade two star.
In 1979 the practice converted Lamphey Court into a hotel as well as designing the swimming pool, bedroom extension block, converting the stables to self-catering accommodation and the conservatory.
Acanthus Holden have also managed the rebuilding of the Leisure Centre, which was completed in the Summer of 2011, and have recently gained listed building consent for a 15 bedroom ‘eco’ extension and large conference centre to the East elevation of the hotel.